Sharing the Scoop on My Anthology Book "Letters of Love" With My Publisher Melissa Desveaux!

11:36 AM

We are in the home stretch of promoting and marketing my book "Letters of Love" and I am both exhausted and excited! 

I want to share a personal story with you taken from a post in my community The Healing Place.

"I am in an inner crisis.

I realize from my past, an onion layer I’ve worked deeply into surfaced.
We are always healing, growing, and discovering the new about ourselves no matter who we are or how far we’ve come. Me too in my own PTSD journey.
I feel and understand your pain if you’ve experienced trauma. 

I buried my pain and grief of writing. I lost my writing skill from an autistic burnout as a teen.
My hard drive burned to a crisp along with years of evidence of my writing passion.
Songs, stories, fiction, non fiction, and in progress books. You name it. I wrote it. I share more in my podcast interview from this week.

In 2020, God calls me to write again. Actively, purposefully. Yet, every piece of my writing triggers my soul.
Daily, I’m reminded how I used to write. This isn’t it.
My words touched souls and hearts in a deep way. Not these days. Not like before. Not how I remember.

I am in this strange place of grief. I never grieved this loss properly. Deep pain surrounds my writing.
As strange as it sounds, it feels like a death.
Death to my writing skill.

Does this mean I have to start over? Learn everything at square one? Maybe that’s why I grieve. Hard work down the drain.

This book is a miracle. A glimpse of hope past the loss and the devastation.
They are my best written pieces since. Perhaps, it’s because the subjects are you, subjects of my passion to live to serve. Knowing what to say flowed when it came to thinking of you."


This is why I pursued the opportunity to write in a book along with 11 other authors. To start over, to face my own personal fears and pain.
To express my heart to you in a deep way. 

In this interview with my publisher I share more and why I would love for you to read it! 


February 1st is our official launch. We now have an Amazon ebook version available! 

You can grab an autographed print copy and if you want an ebook you can PURCHASE HERE

I can't wait to hear from you!


With love and compassion,
Post a Comment

REBEKAH JOSANN

Certified Identity and Trauma Informed Life Coach | Author | Speaker

Rebekah is the founder of "Scripture Prescriptions Ministries". She speaks and writes on faith, discipleship, autism, neurodivergence, mental health, social issues, and at times politics.
She is helping people heal from church and faith hurt, relationships, negative generational patterns, grief, and more, aiming to restore joy through life coaching, discipleship, and community building. ♥️

******
FOLLOW THE PODCAST: "The Chatty Auties Show"
CONNECT AROUND THE WEB: https://linktr.ee/RebekahJosann

IF YOU WANT TO HELP SUPPORT HER IN WRITING, RESOURCES, AND MINISTRY,
PLEASE CONSIDER GIVING A LOVE OFFERING OR SIGNING UP FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. THIS HELPS HER CONTINUE TO DO THE WORK SHE IS CALLED TO.

Comments